September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day! Celebrate it by taking some lessons in the Pirate language through our fantastic language resource Mango Languages. Here is what you can look forward to:
- The appropriate way to hail your fellow gentlemen o’ fortune.
- A few choice names to call your lazy excuse of a crew.
- The finer points of swashbuckling.
- A bit about Pirate history, and the part it played in forming modern democracy.
- All sorts of practical Pirate lingo!
Of course when you’re on the high seas it can be tricky to get to a computer, but if you have a smartphone or tablet you can learn Pirate on the go with the Mango Languages app (first you’ll have to create an account by visiting Mango Languages through the library).
For those who decide the Pirate lifestyle is not for them Mango Languages offers courses in other languages including Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, French, Italian, ESL and many more, visit Mango to see what we have, there are over 60!! The courses are all interactive, you’ll read, speak, listen, and learn in no time!