Book Notes is a monthly email newsletter written by Gerald Lively. If you would like to sign up for his newsletter please email him at email@example.com
Here is the August Book Quiz, see how many you can get right!
The answer to each question below contains a word (but not necessarily the first word) that begins with the letter “G”. Can you guess the answers?
- The most popular novel written by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It is still on some best seller lists.
- Character in one play by Shakespeare and another by Tom Stoppard.
- Popular children’s book by Margaret Wise Brown.
- A popular series of books by Suzanne Collins.
- Author of the A Song of Ice and Fire series.
- Wizard in JRR Tolkien’s books The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
- Protagonist in Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451.
- Antagonist in Beowulf.
- Character in Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged.
- The first in a popular trilogy of books by author E. L. James.
- Villain in a James Bond novel.
- Creator of the valet Reginald Jeeves.
- Novel by Zora Neale Hurston.
- Main character in John Le Carre’s Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.
- Novel by French writer Colette.
- Character in Truman Capote’s novella Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
- Author of The Clearing and Welding with Children.
- Pen name of Eric Arthur Blair.
- Author of Riders of the Purple Sage.
- Novel by Robert A. Heinlein.
- Poem (then a 1939 movie with Cary Grant and Sam Jaffe) by Rudyard Kipling.
- Author, educator, business man, and partner of Oprah Winfrey.
- Son of Lancelot and Elaine.
- Long suffering father (and title character) in Balzac’s best known novel.
- Author of Lord of the Flies.
Want to see how you did? We’ve got the answers posted on our Find a Good Book InfoGuide (no cheating!)