EBSCOhost our ‘go-to’ database for finding journal articles, now has a free iPhone/iPod Touch app! Here are some of the features:
- Choose which databases to search
- Limit results to full text or peer-reviewed
- Sort by relevance or date
- Retrieve full text results in HTML and/or PDF formats
- Save results for offline access at a later date
- Email results to self or others
- View cover flow display of results
To activate the app, first head over to the iTunes App Store, search for ‘EBSCOhost‘ and install it, then go to the EBRPL library online databases page. Log in with your library card and choose EBSCO Host. After selecting databases, hit continue and on the next page you will see a link saying ‘EBSCOhost iPhone/iPod Touch Application’. After clicking that link you can enter your email address and you will receive a key to access the app.
Click the link in the email you receive and your app is live. It is definitely worth going through these few set-up steps for the benefits of this great app!